- Elderly people (like 75+) riding bicycles all over the city.
- Cloth seats in BMWs and Mercedes.
- No matter what age, people are generally very tidy.
- When at a cafe, people clean up after themselves by sweeping the crumbs that may have fallen on the table on to their saucers and bring their dirty dishes to the counter.
- Separate duvet covers. I guess this is so no one is stealing the blankets from the other person!
- Traffic lights go to yellow at any change. Yellow to red, and yellow to green. When driving a manual car, I have noticed that this transition really helps!
- Much of Germany was destroyed during WWII. When they rebuilt the cities, they kept the original look instead of tearing it all down and making all buildings look more "modern".
- And of course, the narrow streets!
Different Little Observations
Here is a little list of things that I've noticed about German culture: